Portal / Historia i tradycje / English version
Czwartek - 24 lipca 2014 Kingi, Krystyna, Michaliny     
Menu
Biuletny Informacji Publicznej Urzędu Gminy Dobra
Miejscowy Plan Zagospodarowania Przestrzennego
Solary
Elektroniczna Skrzynka PodawczaSolary
Wolni od azbestu
English version

History
-
The area of Dobra stretches from the Stradomka valley in the north to the highest peaks of Beskid Wyspowy, Mogielica, Jasien, and Cwilin, in the south. Dobra, its administrative capital, lies in the centre, in the Lososina Valley, right beside the peaks of Snieznica (1007m.), Cwilin ( 1071 m.), and Lopien (951 m.) There is a recently explored and measured cave (Jaskinia Zbójnicka) in the northern slope of Lopien. It is 380 meters long and is considered a very interesting natural monument.
Dobra, which is today an adjectival name, originally used to function as a noun. It meant "land properties". The first mention of the village from 1361 refers to it as the property of the Ratcald family from Skrzydlna, a very meritorious house to the colonization of Beskidy. At the end of the l8th century the village was owned by the Four-Year Seym President, Stanislaw Malachowski, who turned peasant servitude into a more liberal rent (a rare political act of actually applying political decisions). In the 19 and 20 century Dobra was also a small industrial area (refinery, working of wood) during the occupation period a special wood powder was produced here for the production of explosives. An old, 17 century, wooden church, the Parish Museum, as well as the 34-meter high railway viaduct right beside the station are some of the things worth seeing in Dobra. From among other places in the area of Dobra there is one definitely worth seeing. The village is called Skrzydlna. According to a legend, St. Wojciech is said to have been here on his way to Poland. The legend is a highly probable one, as the oppressed bishop took a very circuitous way to reach Poland. The first written references about the settlement come only from the 14 century. At the beginning of the 16th century, the Pieniazkowie family became the owners of Skrzydlna, which until then used to be in the hands of the Ratolds. There is a wooden parish church with a brick presbytery dating back to this period. A brick sarcophagus of Prokop Pieniazek constitutes the only relic of renaissance art in the district of Limanowa. A very picturesque and varied landscape of the area, with the gentle hills of Pogórze in the north and mountains of considerable height in the south, attract tourists who like hiking. Some of the most attractive walking routes are: a route from Dobra, to Lopien, and Mogielica and back through Cyrla to Jurków, from Jurków to Cwilin offers wonderful views from a pasture and back through Gruszowiec, to Snieznica from Gruszowiec or an unmarked way from Dobra to the Kasina Wielka railway station.

© Wszelkie prawa zastrzeżone - Interaktywna Polska